Information Collection & Use
AssureSign, LLC operates a web site for its clients and their customers at AssureSign.NET. AssureSign, LLC collects personally identifiable information from users at several different points on that site to fulfill the requirements of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) of 1999, the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-SIGN) of 2000, and DIRECTIVE 2000/31/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 8 June 2000. Additionally, AssureSign, LLC may gather information as directed by our clients to fulfill the requirements of any document presented to be signed. When entering any personal information, we encrypt it using industry standard secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We DO NOT Share Personally Identifiable Information with Third Parties. Information obtained for the purpose of fulfilling documents presented to be signed is applied to the produced PDF (portable document format) on behalf of our clients. Any presentation of this document is provided using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We do not provide this information to third parties that are not a party or do not have an interest in the electronic document being signed.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to verify the authenticity of the signing party on digitally signed documents.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information directed to be collected by our clients (such as credit card number and/or social security number) on our forms, we encrypt that information in our database and in transit using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our web site, you may email your questions to security@AssureSign.com.
For personal information of employees, consumers, healthcare professionals, medical research subjects and investigators, customers, investors, and government officials that AssureSign, LLC receives from the European Economic Area, AssureSign, LLC has committed to handling such personal information in accordance with the Safe Harbor Principles. The AssureSign, LLC Safe Harbor certification can be found at https://www.export.gov/safehrbr/list.aspx. For more information about the Safe Harbor Principles, and to view AssureSign's certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Website at http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
AssureSign, LLC believes in protecting your privacy. When we collect personal information from you on our website, we follow the privacy principles of (an independent resource mechanism) and comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from the European Union member countries and Switzerland. AssureSign, LLC has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. These are our promises to you:
- 1. Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- 2. Choice. We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make.
- 3. Relevance. We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
- 4. Retention. We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
- 5. Accuracy. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
- 6. Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- 7. Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- 8. Sharing. Except as described in this policy, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
- 9. International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- 10. Enforcement. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
AssureSign, LLC has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by AssureSign, LLC please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at http://www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
For Human Resource data, AssureSign will cooperate and comply with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC). Any Human Resource data retained by AssureSign is for incidental purposes only related to multi-party signed documents, and may include consumer and organizational Human Resource data as submitted to us in electronic documents.
AssureSign, LLC is opposed to unsolicited commercial e-mail (“spam”). As part of our services, AssureSign clients may request we send e-mail on their behalf to customers with existing business relationships. AssureSign does not provide interfaces or tools in support of unsolicited bulk email campaigns; all e-mail communications are sent in conjunction with a transactional request for a signature on a specific document or set of documents.
If you believe that you have received unsolicited e-mail from us, please contact security@AssureSign.com.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.